1) Safe Harvest’s Rice is pesticide free, herbicide free and grown using indigenous seeds.
2) Tested free for pesticide residues in FSSAI accredited laboratories.
3) To be stored under cool and dry conditions.
4) Ponni is another name for Cauvery.
5) Ponni rice is boiled, boiling retains nutrients from the husk which is otherwise removed while dehusking.
Our rice comes from the Sona Masuri BPT 5204 variety of paddy cultivated by small and marginal farmers practicing chemical pesticide free agriculture in the Krishna irrigated region of the Raichur district in Karnataka. These farmers adopt the System of Rice Intensification (SRI) technique, which greatly reduces the water footprint of the crop. The paddy is stringently tested for quality parameters like moisture content and percentage of broken rice. The procured paddy is then aged for 18 months to further reduce the moisture content before it is milled into rice. Carefully curated aging ensures that the rice has an optimum level of moisture translating into a higher yield of the cooked product.